Our panel of selected South African surgeons are renowned internationallyfor being caring and
empathetic, and understand that medical and elective procedures can be
highly personal and private experience.
During your enquiry process all medical information emailed to Surgeon and
Safari will only be used for medical reference and forwarded to the
selected specialist who will make an evaluation based on the medical
information as supplied and forward his professional comment regarding your
suitability for your selected procedure .
The information provided on Surgeon and Safari is designed to support, not to replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.
Please note that any decision regards your surgery is done in consultation
between patient and surgeon and both have the right to refuse treatment.
The Surgeon will advise all post op instructions which need to be followed
at all times.
If any follow up medical treatments is necessary once back home the treating
specialist will prepare a full medical reports and advise the surgeon back
home as requested.
Please ensure that you are informed and that any questions, queries or
reservation are expressed with the surgeon before making any decision
regards having surgery. You have a choice.
We only offer the services of surgeons whom are:
- Qualified, certified and registered medical doctors
- Registered with the South African Medical and Dental Council - thus adhering to the ethical codes of conduct as put forward by the council
- Qualified, certified and registered Specialist
- Members of their Specialist Association e.g. Plastic Surgeons are members of the Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of South African, which also has its own code of practice and conduct
- No malpractice cases against them.
- Run their own successful private practises
- Covered by medical insurance in South Africa
- Operate in fully certified Medical facilities as offered in South Africa's top private hospitals.
- Admit you as a private patient receiving 24 hours nursing care for the duration of your post operative hospital stay, which will vary depending on your procedure.
Guidelines for Choosing a Surgeon
COSMETIC, PLASTIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
Dr Rick van der Poel CV
HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGERY
Dr Larry Gersowitz - CV
Dr Peter Galatis CV
Dr Mark Deist CV
Dr Josip Cakic – Hip & Joint Replacements
Dr Mark Ferguson – Knees, Shoulders and Sport
Dr Gavin O'Brien - Foot and Ankle
Dr Glen Vardi – Knees
Dr Lawrence Gobetz
Dr Stephan Volschenk
General Enquiry Form