The Surgeon & Safari Code of Conduct
- We are committed to the highest ethical, legal and professional standards and work with medical partners who share this commitment.
- We conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity in our dealings with and on behalf of our clients and our medical partners with we are associated. We are accountable for our conduct and for compliance with applicable laws.
- We treat everyone with respect and dignity and make no distinction based on medical condition, age, gender, disability, race, color, religion, national origin or place of residence.
- We are committed to the ethical and compassionate treatment of patients and compliances with established policies and statements of patient rights.
- We use confidential medical information only to carry out our work as a facilitator and share such information with the medical professionals /specialist whom will forward their professional comments regards suitability for surgery.
- We place the interest of our client above our own.
- We encourage patients to express their concerns and ensure that they make an informed decision in dialogue with the specialist before agreeing to any surgery.
- Patient’s decision to proceed with surgery is done in consultation between patient and medical specialist. Any medical reports required regarding treatment are prepared by the specialist on request and forwarded to the relevant medical specialist in patient’s home country.
- Medical Professional / specialist are all qualified and registered with their respective associations and bodies and therefore adhere to their professional codes of conduct and follow an informed consent process. Informed-consent documents are used to communicate information about the proposed surgical treatment of a disease or condition along with disclosure of risks and alternative forms of treatment(s). The informed-consent process attempts to define principles of risk disclosure that should generally meet the needs of most patients in most circumstances. However, informed consent documents should not be considered all inclusive in defining other methods of care and risks encountered. Your surgeon may provide you with additional or different information which is based on all the facts in your particular case and the state of medical knowledge. Informed-consent documents are not intended to define or serve as the standard of medical care. Standards of medical care are determined on the basis of all of the facts involved in an individual case and are subject to change as scientific knowledge and technology advance and as practice patterns evolve.
- Surgeon and Safari act as a Medical facilitator and do not make any medical evaluations, decisions or comments and are unable to offer any guarantee regards the outcome of your treatment. Surgeon & Safari remind you that all surgery carries a risk, has limitations which could include disappointment with the results. You should agree about the anticipated outcome of your surgery and concur about your expectations of the results with the specialist before signing any documentation. You should discuss alternative treatments and thoroughly understand the risk of the procedures
- We encourage open dialogue at all times as a means to resolve issues that may arise and as a medical facilitator we will address any complaints on your behalf and if necessary direct to the relevant parties. If any dispute may arise the surgeon is only liable if litigation takes place in South Africa, under South African Law.
- We deal with patients, Payers, suppliers and providers with honesty and integrity. We do not condone price fixing. We do not accept discounts, commissions or referral fees.
- We do not accept or offer anything of value in exchange for referrals or promotion of business or of patients.
- Our Website does not host any form of advertisement or paid for promotions.
- Surgeon and Safari does not accept commercial funding or other funding in return for any services.
- All content and editorial has been authored and edited by Surgeon and Safari, except for some pages discussing certain medical procedures. These medical specific pages have been authored by the qualified medical surgeon that also is the specialist for the specific procedure under discussion. Special mention has been provided on these procedure pages in terms of the author’s name.