Surgeon and Safari - South Africa’s original independent Medical Facilitation Company
Registered in 1999 with its trademark registered in USA, Europe and South Africa.
Surgeon and Safari's Founder and Owner Loraine Melvill Nominated
Surgeon and Safari spearheaded the medical tourism industry in South Africa with top quality medical staff, extensive after care, follow up and professional service.
The 'South African Business Woman of the Year 2002”.
Department and Trade and Industry “Partnership” Award 2002.
Finalist in the Nedbank “Business Achiever Award 2002”.
GIBS Top Speaker of the year award 2004.
Founder Member of Medical Tourism Association of South Africa – founded 2006
Books Published profiling Surgeon and Safari
Surgeon and Safari believe that past clients are testimony to the success of the business Link to Client Comments
- Brush with Perfection - By Alex Kuczynski
- Patients Beyond Borders – By Josef Woodman
- OffBeat South Africa - By Richard George, Denise Slabbert, Kim Wildman
- The Complete Medical Tourist - By David Hancock
- The Surgeon and Safari business model has been written up as a case study in a Marketing Text Book used in South African Universities
News Publication Worldwide
Surgeon and Safari’s reputation as The World Leader in Medical Tourism continues to be reported in the international media: Link to news
- Time, Newsweek, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Bloombergs, Financial Mail
- CBS, ABC, BBC, CNN, NBC, SKY, Reuters, Associated Press, Travel Channel, etc.....
- Company, Psychologist, Glamour, Elle, Harpers & Queen etc ...
- Washington Post, LA Times, Daily Mail, The Times of London etc....